Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Don't be a self-educated doctor, get tested!!!
Aug 24, 2004

Dr. Bob, I do not even know how to thank you for your encouragement to get tested. I was 110% sure that I was HIV +. I lived in a complete darkness & fear, not because of my well-being, but what if I infected my girlfriend or any previous partners!!!

There are not enough compliments for your work. You have inspired me to include a few chapters in my PhD dissertation about HIV problems in Eastern Europe.

People, listen to this man. You will drive yourself crazy with symptoms. You can't be a doctor based on what you have read on the internet. I diagnosed myself with a thrush in my mouth and throat, KK, lack of appetite, shingles, huge lymph nodes, etc. I was sure I was going to die in a few months and I begged my girlfriend for forgiveness. After reading Dr. Bobs replies I decided to take a test and guess what? ELISA came back negative.

All I have to say is this: There is nothing more powerful than the human MIND!

Dr. Bob, Your mind is truly beautiful!!! I would really like to work in your organization and if you have a need for soon to be a Ph.D. in Political Science, please let me know.

Deep respect for you,

Branislav

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Branislav,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story. That, in and of itself, should go a long way in helping others.

Congratulations on your negative tests and your soon-to-be Ph.D. title! I would suggest you continue to be involved locally in the fight against HIV/AIDS. There is much work to be done at all levels education, research, direct services, volunteer work, and even the focusing of "political science's" attention on the scope of the pandemic. Find a level of involvement where your time and talents can be put to the best use.

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
medic student- eyesplash during A & E .
Next
WOO HOO - WORRIED WELLS THIS IS A MUST READ - PLEASE POST DR BOB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.