X-FILER ---- back to say hello!

have i told you lately that i love you? dr.Bob, a month ago you printed my WOOHOO, titled: "from an idiot who just wouldn't listen......."

in that email, i told you i'd check in once in a while, but i'm laughing now in thinking that actually, i never checked out.

i read your new posts every day, find you to be warm, brilliant, and hillarious, and i just don't know how in the world you maintain such a work ethic, and such a positive attitude.

i don't have HIV, and don't plan on acquiring it any time soon (or later, for that matter)..... and nevertheless, i don't do 1/10th of what you get done in a day, and i'm often quite grumpy, quite frankly.

how do you do it?

and before you mention some italian work-ethic BS or something of that nature -- just understand that i'm italian too! (and the ethnicity is not helping!)

the bottom line is that you live a life a person can just be so proud of, that i'm envious, excited to see you in the forum every day, and i want some of that energy!

how do you do it?

also: you're HIV positive as we all know. but I wonder if people realize (as i've noticed with you) that you easily pack 5 years of living and accomplishment into every 6month (or so) period? its amazing, truly.

i have no doubt that you'll die "in an old folks home, decades from now" as you once stated to a questioner. i'm just mentioning that you seem to "live" so much more than so many of us now (who don't have HIV) --- that i just want to give you a hug!

this is a weird thing to say, i realize -- but i think you're the best thing that could've ever happened to this disease (as opposed to looking at it as if the disease 'happened to you.')

thanks, man. i'll keep reading.

NYC Guy.

Hey NYC Guy!

Welcome back to the Forum.

I can't believe you're "grumpy!" Tell me what it's like living with the six other dwarfs and if you get to watch when Snow White gets it on with the handsome Prince Charming?

Thanks for the hug. That's where I get my energy and my smile. What could be more energizing than being squeezed ever so tightly by a NYC Italian stud?

Generally, my outlook on life is simple. In many ways, I feel I'm here on "borrowed time." According to the statistics at the time the virus found me in January of 1991, I should have been Six Feet Under (and I'm not referring to the wonderfully entertaining HBO series) years ago. But instead, here I am cyber-chatting with a famous dwarf from fairyland!

NYC-Guy, we often look at and value life in the wrong dimension length. I feel life should be measured in depth. Try swimming in life's deep end and for a while. I'll bet you'll be sharing "Happy's" dwarf hat before long.

I'm sending an Italian hug back at you . . . . Use its energy wisely.

I'll be in your incredible city soon, and I plan to check up on your progress.

By the way, is it true there was an eight dwarf who was gay and named "Studly," and whom Disney has kept hidden all these years somewhere in Greenwich Village? If so, can you arrange for me to meet him?

Stay well, NYC-Guy!

Baseball Analagies
hiv transmission in window period