Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Chances of HIV, IM FREAKING OUT!
Aug 20, 2004

Firstly, i must say that your forums and advice has kept me sane. I will be donating ASAP. thankyou. Please tell me im over reacting. I recently went to thailand and slept with a thai girl. I used a condom, but received a blow job unprotected. Also she put a finger in my anus. Im absolutely freaking out. Ive been away for 2 weeks out of a 4 month trip and feel like going home. A few days after the incident i had a fever and pains for 48hrs. I had been going out alot (8days) drinking and without much sleep, and the fever etc is the main reason im really scared, because im generally a fit and healthy person. Im so scared, please give me some advice. Thankyou in advance.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your write, ". . . Please tell me I'm overreacting . . . ." OK! YOU ARE OVERREACTING! There, feel better??

Listen up, my friend. You used a condom for sex. If the latex condom was used properly and didn't break, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. The finger in the butt maneuver carries essentially no risk of HIV transmission. Symptoms do not equal HIV disease.

If you remain worried, get HIV tested in three months, but from what you've told me, your risk is extremely minimal.

I'd suggest you enjoy the rest of your vacation, but don't overdo the booze. And do try to get adequate rest.

Thank you for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org) It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Good luck. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
New Mom in shock...
Next
HELP MY SKIN IS NOW RUINED!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.