local hiv infection PART III

Haha... I'M the opinionated one?

Please try to follow me, without getting confused - this isn't that complicated. I never said it was unheard of to test antibody positive yet have an undetectable viral load. What I said was that the woman had a high level of virus in her vaginal tissue which was functioning as an HIV factory, whereas HIV DNA couldn't be found anywhere else in her body. This does indeed suggest the possibility that she was only experiencing infection in a localized area of her body. This suggests she may in fact be truly uninfected in the rest of her body, not merely undetectable. And why would you assume this is necessarily false? Just because you haven't SEEN it before or HEARD of it or READ about it? Hahaha... and you call yourself a scientist? You don't have prior knowledge, so therefore it doesn't exist? And you call yourself a liberal?

Hello Opinionated One,

Perhaps opinionated was an incorrect adjective . . . . Stubborn might be more accurate.

Let me reiterate once again: there is no such thing as local HIV infection. I'm not exactly sure why you are having such difficulty with that concept. Perhaps you were home schooled?

Please note there is absolutely nothing about the scenario you describe that "suggests the woman may in fact be truly uninfected in the rest of her body, not merely undetectable."

Yes, my dear, I am a scientist, which means I don't make quantum leaps of faith based on observation. An example of your logic would be the following: every autumn birds in the north east fly south. Every year, several weeks later, it snows in New England. Therefore, migrating birds must be cause of winter in New England. Right???

Let me try one more time to show you the fallacy of your belief. You told me your friend had a positive HIV antibody test, right? That's a blood test. Where do you think those anti-HIV antibodies were made? Only in the vaginal tissues? No, the immune system does not work that way. HIV is a systemic infection.

I think you also told me you got this notion from your friend's doctor. Well if indeed your friend is HIV positive, she should seek out the care of an HIV specialist. Why not check with that physician to get a second opinion?

By the way, I'm the first to admit we all have much to learn about HIV, science, and life in general; however, this is not a case of new knowledge, but rather a rather basic misunderstanding on your part. Finally, yes, I'm a liberal, but how does that fit into the equation?

You Keep Answering the SAME Kind of Questions, WHY?
Orthopaedic surgeon