You Keep Answering the SAME Kind of Questions, WHY?

Hello. Four days ago, I started hanging with a girl I met at school. We decided to become intimate. We had sex twice. Both times, I used a latex condom. The condom was in tact the entire time.

My FEAR: One time, I performed oral sex on her for about 15-20 seconds. I licked the outside of her vagina. I did not insert my tongue "inside" the vagina. She was not mensturating nor was she very "moist."

PLEASE give it to me straight: ASSUMING she were HIV-Positive, what are my TRUE risk? I try to practice safe sex by using a condom, but now I feel that I ruined my life with this 15-20 cunnilingus.

Is this a cause for concern?

--Roman

Roman,

Let's see, you are wondering why I keep answering the same kind of questions??? Is that a complaint, Roman??? Hmmmm . . . well let's see what your question is . . . . You had protected sex twice. OK. The condom remained intact. OK. Your fear pertains to 15-20 seconds of licking the outside of a vagina that was neither menstruating nor "moist." Gosh, Roman, that question is so unique and so unusual, and has never ever, ever, ever been asked before . . . . NOT!!!

Roman, I'm glad you're a fan of the Forum, but if you are really reading my posts and the archives, you would know I've addressed questions just like yours a gazillion times before. Check it out!!!

I'll give it to you straight, gay, and everything in between. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. What you did will not ruin your life. In fact, most women I know would hardly even call it oral sex. You little tease you!

Now if you have any further questions, after really checking the archives, write back, but please, drop the accusatory tone, OK? I hope you realize that by answering your question I will most likely get a host of other complaints from nervous nellies accusing me of answering too many oral sex worried well type questions and ignoring their very own, very worrisome, very real risk " a lap dancer's nipple poked me in the eye do I have AIDS"-type questions.

Stay well, Roman.

Am I OK?
local hiv infection PART III