Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I have an anxiety problem
Aug 18, 2004

Hello, I have a question. Six months ago I had a wrestling match with a guy I barely met. We had a good time and in our last round we decided to go nude wrestling. It only lasted less than 2 minutes and I must emphasize that it was not sexual in nature. His penis did not touch mine in any manner and as I said it was not sex. Of course, I asked him what his HIV status was and he said he was negative. I didn't think anything of it at the time but lately for whatever irrational reason I have been having this growing fear that somehow I got HIV. Now, I have read up on the literature and even asked a friend who works at a blood bank about the facts, and I know how HIV is transmitted. My friend told me that I was being paranoid and I agreed that I probably was, but my problem is that this irrational fear will not go away. So, I am resolved this week to get tested and put this matter to rest. But before I do, I wanted to get an opinion from one of you learned doctors, because everyone I have talked to about this have all told me the same thing, I am being way too paranoid. I have never had sex with anyone, and this little match was not a sexual experience in any way. I have had none of the symptoms that sometimes comes with HIV, in fact the only thing I have had that comes close is just in the last few days I developed this white spot probably 2 millimeters in diameter underneath my upper lip, it irritates and burns a little when I eat, other than that, I have never felt healthier in my life. I also know enough to realize that symptoms are not a way to determine if I have HIV. Anyways, any encouragement and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You had a nude wresting match with a guy you barely met??? And you think this was not sexual??? Gosh, I can only imagine what you do with dudes you know really well.

I see no HIV risk form the information you provided a nice premise for a feature-length gay adult video maybe, but HIV risk, no. I also see absolutely no reason for you to be HIV tested, other than to ease your irrational fears. I think you would benefit from counseling to help you better cope with these completely irrational thoughts. And one last thing, since I'm sure some of our readers will ask, do you still have that nude wrestler's phone number?

Feel better, OK? Remember HIV is definitely not your problem!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Nipple Gripple
Next
HIV symptoms and antibiotics

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.