Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

need a dose of extra strength courage
Aug 18, 2004

Hey there Doc. I know you answered a question for me a few months ago, but I am freaking out today can you help please? I was the one who went on a biz trip where a stripper put her fingers in my mouth after putting them in her, my fingers in her and the worst of all her putting my penis inside her. Well since then I have had an antibody test at 2,4,6,8, and 9 weeks and 2 days. Along with a pcr dna at 43 days all negative. Lately I have been dizzy just not feeling right naseaus, muscle aches, numbness in my legs and left arm. I have heard even though the pcr is not fda approved that it along with the antibody test is almost an all clear. Can you tell me is this true? I need some courage to make it through the next week and 6 days. Please respond another donation will be on the way, not just for the courage, because you guys deserve it for all the great work you do for people like me. By the way I stuck up for you on the bulleton board someone was saying you travel with the money donated. In your defense I told them they are lucky to have you. They dont go to a doctor and expect to go for free. I know this money goes to a great cause. Thank you for being you.

Gary

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Gary,

Current guidelines recommend testing at three or more months to get a conclusive result. And as you probably know, PCR testing is not recommended for routine screening, due to false positives. I agree with these recommendations.

That said, your repeated negative antibody tests out to nine weeks plus your negative DNA-PCR at 43 days are certainly very encouraging; however, I would never recommend this very, very expensive (and excessive) testing schedule and would still encourage a single antibody test at three months to obtain a definitive result.

Thanks for your donations, Gary, and for coming to my defense against the bulletin board gossip monger. I'm quite certain most everyone realizes The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization, which by law must follow strict guidelines. Not only would abusing a single penny of the donated funds be illegal, it would, for me, be unconscionable. I would imagine whoever is making such abhorrent claims is racking up a considerable amount of negative cosmic karma at this very moment. I proudly stand by the record and accomplishments of my foundation, which, I feel, speak clearly for themselves.

Gary, returning to you, just know that the odds remain astronomically in your favor that you are HIV negative. Don't wish away one instant of the next "week and 6 days." Enjoy each and every moment, as once they've passed, we can never get them back to re-live again.

I'll look for your final WOO-HOO in two week's time.

Good luck. Stay well. Many thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just wanted to say Bonjour
Next
Nipple Gripple

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.