Aug 18, 2004
My girlfriend was just told she has Hep C. Can Hep C lead to HIV? Or does it just attack the liver. And what kind of precussions should we use?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hepatitis C and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) are two completely different viruses. One does not lead to another; however, you can be coinfected with both viruses simultaneously. Regarding hepatitis C "precussions" or precautions for that matter check out The Body's expert forum on hepatitis and HIV/Hep C coinfection. The information there should address all your questions.
Good luck to both you and your girlfriend.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With Sex Worker
- Do People Get AIDS From Insertive Oral Sex?
- HIV Risk After Touching Vaginal Secretions
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.