An apology from a previous posted question.

Dear Dr. Bob, I wanted to apologize about a question I asked you that was posted on 8/04/04. The question was "My oral sex exposure led to Hiv." I wrote in there that I was thinking of suicide, and you said that was insensitive to the people who already have the disease. You are right and I am sorry. I look at myself as a coward for not testing immediately after my risk. Soon after the question posted I began to get this body rash all over my body which I assume is Seborrheic Dermatitis. It flares up when I stress out or jump on the internet looking for answers. With my previous ailments and my current one I am so scared. Where can I go to get counseling for this. I am going to have to tell two girls whom I have had sex with that they were infected from me, and I dont know how I am going to do this. Please tell your readers to get tested if they perform oral sex on somebody. I see my doc for results of hiv test on Tuesday and there isnt a chance in hell that its negative. The symptoms are just to convincing.

Thank you and sorry again.

Apology graciously accepted!

Now, before you start advising readers of this forum what to do or telling sex partners they were infected by you, don't you think you should wait to get your test results back? I have the feeling that not only is there a "chance in hell that it's negative," but that the chances are quite excellent. In fact, after you get your results back, I'll bet you'll be writing to us WOO-HOOing and demanding I tell folks that "Symptoms, no matter how convincing, do not equal HIV disease."

Tuesday is just around the corner; hang in there. The odds are all in your favor that some very good news is headed your way very soon. And yes, we'll happily accept as well your next apology for being such a worrywart.

Good luck!

re: local HIV infection
Heterosexual HIV exposure