canuck, freaking out

Hi Bob,

I've read your forum over and over, it's very informative. Still the issue is floating around my head and I can't get rid of it.

Let me explain my story. On Jun 4th I had sex my an escort. Prior to that I work a stressful 9 hours non stop, got to the hotel, had a quick dinner and a bottle of wine. That night we had sex and I used a condom, we also participated in a 69er without condom. I may have also rimmed here ass during the 69er.I noticed that during that session I had a charlie horse in the right leg. Which at that moment I pushed her away and ask to stop. That end the session right there. After that session I got dress and went to massage palour, had a session in the Hot Tub followed again with another 69er. After that session I decided to go out gambling so I jumped in my car with wet hair, windows rolled down and drove to the casino. Physically I'm 5'4 and overweight 188 and don't exercise much at all. I've also been prone to catching colds easily. Anyhow to continue on with my story.

A couple days later I began sweating in bed and woke up with swollen throat and a white tongue. This also end up following with pains in the legs and arms (but stronger on the right side). I went down to the local walkin clinic and explained my situation and got tested for STDs and Hiv. This test was done about a week after June 4th. The STD test came back negative. I went to my family Doctor and explained the situation and basically said I'd have to wait 3 weeks for the results. The test came back negative for HIV. During that 3 week period I ended up going to Niagra Falls on a trip but started to experience an anxiety attack to the point that I was considering suicide. also felt pain in the arms and legs. I returned to my family Doctor and explained the situation and he put me on a lower cohlestrol diet since my LDL is to high and prescribe Pennicillin V. As for testing He basically said he won't test until 6 months since I'm low risk.

Almost 6 weeks have passed and I'm still experiencing pain in the legs, my back is itchy and continously burning, dirreah,excessive gas, white tongue, bad nightmares,fatigue (I'm falling asleep on the coach before my regular sleep time) and my troath gets sore and swells up, difficulty swallowing,itchy burning back,minor cough with phelgm, red spots on my body that appear and disappear. I'm taking Grapeseed fruit extract to fight off the white tongue.

This is freaking me out completely since I noticed things that I never cared about. I noticed that I mark easier whenever I lean agains something. I contacted both girls and asked about their status and they both told me that in their field of work they have to get tested regularly. I also know some good swamp land for sale in Florida.

I spoke to both Doctors and they refuse to test me prior to 6 months. My Family Doctor thinks that the white mouth is my bad oral hygiene and just tells to bush frequently and that will go away on its own. While the Doctor from the Walk in Clinic uses a flashlight from 2 feet away when looking down my throat, which is somewhat distrubing.

My questions are as follows: Do think that the symptoms I'm experiencing are suggestive of Hiv or is it a combination of an over active mind along with an anxiety problem.

If anxiety, why am I being plagued with these problems and where should I turn to?

Should I get tested in 3 months or wait for the 6 month period. Testing in Toronto stinks, It's not like the U.S. where you can just walk in and get tested. Usually you need a Doctor's appointment or approval.

Would the 3 month test be conclusive in my case?

This just driving me insane and the Doctors are sitting back relaxing.

Thanks, for the Help. I'll send a donation your way.

Freaked out, Canuck.

Hello Freaked-Out Canuck,

Your HIV risk is very low unprotected oral sex ("69er"), which carries a very low risk, plus condom-protected insertive sex, which, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break, carries essentially a nonexistent risk.

To answer your specific questions:

1. Your symptoms are quite classic for anxiety, not HIV-ARS.

2. Get counseling form a psychologist or psychiatrist for your anxiety and irrational fears of HIV.

3. A three-month HIV ELISA test would be definitive in my opinion.

Thank you for your donation. It's warmly appreciated.

By the way, you mention you are "falling asleep on the coach before your regular sleeping time." Hmmmmm, how does the coach feel about this?

Good luck. Feel better. I do not believe HIV is your problem.

Is it possible?
Dr. BoB MY psychic told me I could get it!