Maybe in Love

I am a gay man and recently meet an awsome guy. He told me up fron that he was HIV+. I am really sprung on this guy and I would like things to advance between us sexually but I have reservations about having sex with him. He told me that he is in a rare percential that doesnt show symptoms of the disease and in 12 years, has never been sick one time (knock on wood). I understand that there are risks involved. I guess that my first question is, Are the chances lower if he is the receiver than if I was? And, as long as we use protection (which is a given) are the chances still high? I am really confussed and dont have any friends to turn to that wont tell me to run like hell. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks J

If you have protected sex and the latex condom is used properly and does not fail, your risk of HIV transmission would be essentially nonexistent. HIV can not pass, swim, migrate, or cha-cha-cha through intact latex.

In general, HIV transmission risk is greater for the receptive partner. But whether you are "tab A" or "slot B," the important thing is to always dress for the occasion.

I'm certainly glad Dr. Steve (expert in The Body's Tratamientos Forum) didn't listen to any of your friends . . . or he would have "run like hell" away from me over a decade ago!

J, read through the archives of this forum that pertain to serodiscordant (or magnetic) couples. I think you'll find it enlightening and encouraging. If your relationship brings you even half the love, passion, and fun of ours, you'll be one very lucky guy. And all of your friends will be very very jealous.

Stay well.

PEP ? Non- sexual exposure
Seeking Courage...Need Dr. Bob