Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Partner NEGATIVE, What about me?
Aug 15, 2004

Dr. I have been worried about beeing infected with HIV, I am a top gay man living with my partner who is bottom, for about 2 years, i have been loyal all this time and only worried about my previous relationships since I might have got the virus, My partner and me have practiced unprotected anal sex beeing ME the insertive partner, he got tested few days ago after 2 years of risky sexual activity with me and the result was negative he does not have HIV 1-2 antibodies, Should I wohhoo too? If my partner who had the higher risk (anal intercourse-receptive)of beeing infected by me with the virus is not infected, DOES IT MEAN I AM NOT INFECTED EITHER??? We have been sexually active for about two years,our sexual relations have been totally unprotected and I have ejaculated inside him all episodes, is it possible that I might have the virus and not have infected him? I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE PLEASE!!! >I feel a bit ashamed of writing you this, but i know you will understand! THANKS A LOT!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sure, I understand, but what you need to understand is . . .

1. Your partner tested HIV negative. That means he (not you) is HIV negative. You cannot use him as a surrogate.

2. If you've had unprotected sex and are concerned about HIV infection, you need an HIV test three months or more after the last possible exposure.

3. All unprotected sex places both you and your partner at risk for STDs, including HIV. Why take the risk? Why be "ashamed?"

4. Enjoy sex. Just do it safely.

You're welcome!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Magnetic gay relationship
Next
My WBC counts

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.