Do I need more test ?

Dear doctor.... Please I would really be thankful if you would answer my question, because I am depending on it. I am healthy 40 years old male, live in Japan. 5 month ago, I performed unprotected insertive vaginal sex with married woman who work at office. I am very scared about hiv because I heard that the woman's husband have a lot of sex with other girl of unknown hiv status. But the woman only has sex with me(single exposure) and husband( a lot of sex). I made rapid test after 6, 8 wks, it was negative. I made Elisa test after 12wk(89days), it was negative. And I wait 6month test. 2days ago I heard that The woman and her husbamd made ElISA test(17week after my sex) and they were all negative. So Do I need to 6mont repeat my test? And 6 month means 24 week or 180 days or 26Week?

I'd really be grateful for your answer.

from Tokyo

Hello Tokyo-Guy,

The answers to your question are all in the archives, so I'll refer you there for details, and just briefly say you are conclusively HIV negative and do not need further HIV testing. Your three-month negative test is definitive. Testing prior to three months is not definitive. That your partner tested HIV negative 17 weeks after you last exposure just adds additional reassurance.

Time to stop testing, to stop worrying, and to start WOO-HOOing!

oral sex with bi hemophiliac 11 years ago
PLEASE DR. BOB i need ur answer