The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Do I need more test ?

Aug 15, 2004

Dear doctor.... Please I would really be thankful if you would answer my question, because I am depending on it. I am healthy 40 years old male, live in Japan. 5 month ago, I performed unprotected insertive vaginal sex with married woman who work at office. I am very scared about hiv because I heard that the woman's husband have a lot of sex with other girl of unknown hiv status. But the woman only has sex with me(single exposure) and husband( a lot of sex). I made rapid test after 6, 8 wks, it was negative. I made Elisa test after 12wk(89days), it was negative. And I wait 6month test. 2days ago I heard that The woman and her husbamd made ElISA test(17week after my sex) and they were all negative. So Do I need to 6mont repeat my test? And 6 month means 24 week or 180 days or 26Week?

I'd really be grateful for your answer.

from Tokyo

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tokyo-Guy,

The answers to your question are all in the archives, so I'll refer you there for details, and just briefly say you are conclusively HIV negative and do not need further HIV testing. Your three-month negative test is definitive. Testing prior to three months is not definitive. That your partner tested HIV negative 17 weeks after you last exposure just adds additional reassurance.

Time to stop testing, to stop worrying, and to start WOO-HOOing!

Dr. Bob

oral sex with bi hemophiliac 11 years ago
PLEASE DR. BOB i need ur answer

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint