Hemorrhoid Treatment?

Dr. Bob:

I recently saw an ad on TV for hemorrhoid relief. I visited the Relief Center and filled out the necessary forms, etc. Upon viewing my medical history, the doctor asked me what all the medications I had listed were for. I explained that I was HIV+. He told me that he could not treat my hemorrhoids because he knew of no effective way prevent the transmission of HIV to the next patient(s). I am trying to have an Infrared Coagulation done to cure my problem. My question is, is there a way to sterilize this IRC equipment after it's encountered HIV? And if not, isn't this doctor passing the virus to others, unaware of those who are asymptomatic?

I realize there may be some civil rights issues here, but I'm most curious as to whether he's just trying to avoid caring for me.

I appreciate you time. Thank you.

Ryan

He told you he knew of no effective way to prevent the transmission of HIV to the next patient???? What????

There is no doubt that the guy that told you this certainly does not have hemorrhoids. . . because he's a "perfect asshole."

Universal precautions to prevent the spread of blood-borne diseases, like hepatitis and HIV, have been around for years. If this dude isn't practicing universal precautions, he should be shut down and sued. More than likely, this was just a case of HIV discrimination. I don't know where you are writing from, but in the U.S. there are laws that protect us against this type of discrimination. Ask your HIV specialist for a referral to have your hemorrhoid problem treated. The HIV specialist may also have some ideas on how to deal with the other "a-hole" as well for instance reporting him to your local health authorities.

Good luck, Ryan.

Help please im loosing it, i would like to be able to donate more..
You...