Anal sex hiv risk

Hi Bob;

I have been worried sick about a gay encounter i had a few months ago.

I was very curious about it and one night i went to a sauna and had anal sex with a stranger (i the reciever). i checked that a condom was on, but afterwards it became apparent that it broke.

Ive been feeling terrible about this and wonder if that person was HIV+, what would the percentage chance of contracting HIV myself?

Thanks for your advice ~

Steve.

Hello Steve,

The answer to your question (and to a vast number of questions waiting for responses in my inbox) can be found in the archives. Check it out!

Briefly, the risk for HIV transmission per episode of receptive penile-anal sexual exposure with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is estimated to be 0.1% to 3%. Your estimated risk would be less, because we do not know the status of the sexy sauna stranger. I'd recommend HIV testing at three or more months after the encounter.

Good luck. The odds are very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this single episode.

Girl raped 10 years ago
NO QUESTION, JUST THANK YOU ;-)