And on the 91st day God created antibodies....

Doctor you answer every question under the sun about what diseases and conditions do not affect the elisa or the bodies ability to create antibodies to HIV... So please tell me what exactly does have an adverse affect on ones ability to create HIV antibodies in the suggested 12 weeks?

P.S. Do you make house calls?

Do I make house calls? Sure, exactly what would you like me to call your little love shack?

All of the information about false-positive and false-negative tests is already covered in the archives. Have a look!

Specifically to address your "after 12 weeks" question, nearly 100% of folks who don't have anti-HIV antibodies at 12 weeks are HIV negative. That's by far the most common reason for a negative result. Regarding false-negative results, the usual cause is testing during the time between transmission and seroconversion. Extremely rarely, a false-negative result can be the result of agammaglobulinemia or an infection with a strain that is antigenically distinctive.

Hope that helps, Love-Shack-Guy.

Stay well.

HIV not Jump
LONG time worrier may have been joke