I spit on HIV and on Dubya (Full Version)

Dear Dr. Bob,

I have a one quick question to ask you. I was outside with a few friends when a person we know is HIV positive. Anyway he's a good person and I tend to help him from time to time, well he just got out of the pet grooming store after having his pet cleaned he passed us by on his scooter and I was about a few feet (about 2-3 feet)away, but as he passed I felt a wet sensation on my elbow. Nothing to panic, I know, but the point is I have some blackheads that at times bust and few around the area were red, I don't know if they bled or not before. I was wearing a T-Shirt and I wiped my elbow and I saw no blood. I didn't see him spit in the area, also there was no spit gob on me, just felt a small speck. But if he did somehow without me noticing and his saliva touched my blackheads they are not big (a 1mm) am I at risk for HIV? Do I need testing? I know it says you can't get HIV from salvia, but if he had some blood in his gums or something could that be a risk?

In fairness it was hot and I was sweating, so it could have been that or his animal shaking from being wet. I work in the complex he lives and he's good man. You know sometimes when people talk small sprays of saliva fly at times. I just want to know my risk, if it was his spit. I also want to continue helping him when I have to and I never gave much thought in how to protect myself. Any advice would be nice.

SO back to my main questions,

If his saliva touched my blackheads am I at risk for HIV?

Do I need testing?

I know it says you can't get HIV from salvia, but if he had some blood in his gums or something could that be a risk, even if it was just a tiny speck of saliva?

Thanks Doc,

Security guy without a clue.

Dear Security Guy without a Clue,

"Blackheads that bust," "spit gobs," "sprays of saliva" when talking . . . Yuk! It's all so unappetizing. I think I'll just proceed directly to your specific questions. The answers are no, no, and no.

I do suggest you spend a bit of time on this site and related links to learn a bit more about HIV and potential modes of transmission, as well as HIV prevention methods, because at this point you are indeed living up to your sign-off name clueless!!

Stay well.

P.S. Perhaps the pet just whizzed on you. And before you write back and ask, dog piss does not carry HIV.

please help!
HIV not Jump