Can I finally WHOOO HOOO?????

Dear Dr. Bob,

I know your a very busy man so I'll make this brief. I had unprocted oral on a female lady from Russia. It only last 10 seconds or so. I know it's extremely rare to contract HIV this way but I've been very worried for the past 5 months.

My test results: 2 neg pcr/dna 10 & 28 days post 2,4, 7 week neg ELISA 9,12,15,18, & 23 week neg Home Access.

Questions? Please answer all.

1. Do I need to test for HIV 2 specific? She was from Russia and she's working in the States as a dancer. Higher risk, dont know where she's been before coming here. 2. Home Access claims they can detect HIV2 90% of the time. Is this true and is it better at detecting HIV2 than the other ELISA HIV1 test? 3. Can I finally WHOOO HOOO?

On going symptoms - stiff neck, lymph node pain under arms, eye floaters, and tingling in hands,fingers,feet, and toes.

A donation will be in the mail.

Sincerely,

LB

Hello LB,

Ten seconds of carpet munching and you've been worried for five months? That's 15 days of worry per each second of tongue action!

I'll be brief. You are definitively HIV negative, so none of your other questions really matter whatsoever. But, I'll briefly reply nonetheless:

1. No.

2. Yes, it's true there is some data from the company that Home Access is fairly good at HIV-2 detection. I have not personally reviewed the quality of this data and, so far, the FDA hasn't given its blessing in terms of the test's ability to detect HIV-2. That information is, however, under review.

3. Yes.

Thank you for your donation. It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. WOO-HOO and congratulations! Go out and celebrate by having a White or Black Russian. (The vodka drink!!! The vodka drink!!! Not Sonya Slutskya!)

Stay well.

Anxiety about HIV status
Ear wax and HIV