ARS symptoms, you CAN tell

Dear Dr. Bob,

Its me again L, remember I wrote in last month about Wankers, Pricks and Hedgehogs, I did want to title this letter Its a Hong Kong Woo Hooey but I know people in my situation click on anything with ARS faster than a Ferrari on acid. So after extensive research here are simple guidelines to tell if your symptoms are or are not related to ARS

Your symptoms are probably related to ARS if ALL of the following are true: 1. You have been romping around allover the place sticking your lady pleaser (or man pleaser) in anything with a pulse without been dressed for the occasion. 2. You have never looked for ARS symptoms, in fact 3. You dont even know what they are because youll never catch this disease

Your symptoms are probably NOT related to ARS if ANY of the following are true 1. You had a 1 time incident and immediately freaked 2. You were looking for symptoms before you had any 3. You have spent countless hours on the internet looking up AIDS/HIV sites 4. Other feelings are involved like guilt etc.

My story English guy living in Hong Kong married with a beautiful baby boy. 3 months ago during an overseas business trip I had unprotected sex with a girl I met at a bar, after I had an open abrasion on my penis. First time (and last) I had broken my marriage vows. Next day freaked and I started surfing the net, and as most people came across ARS symptoms. Three weeks later I had the following:

Headache, Sore throat, Swollen Nodes, Fatigue, Weight loss, and the list goes on

I was 101% sure I had contracted HIV, I took your advice and got counseling and boy what a difference, we cant get away from window pains but counseling can get you away from irrational fears. Ive tested negative at 14 weeks, its official its a HK WOOO HOOOEEEYYY!!! I have discussed my cheating with my wife and after the initial screaming she has forgiven me and we are now closer than ever, life is coming back together.

Dr Bob, what a guy, what would we do without you; you have given me everything to get through the last 3 months. If you and Steve ever come to Hong Kong Ill have a nice cup of Chinese tea waiting. Actually I remember you got an offer from Singapore also, can we see an Asia tour coming?

OK gotta go my Wife and my lady pleaser need attention (well it has been 3 months!), and after that its off to concerted effort to pay my x-files subscription fees!

Love and Hugs

L

Hello Wankers, Pricks, and Hedgehogs-Guy!

Welcome back to the Forum! And with excellent news a HK WOOHOOOEEEYYY! I like the image of worried folks clicking on anything with ARS faster than "a Ferrari on acid!"

I'm delighted you mentioned how extraordinarily helpful counseling can be in helping someone cope with irrational fears. I'm equally delighted you had the courage and integrity to be honest with your wife. "Screaming" followed by "forgiveness" followed by "being closer than ever" has become a very common testimonial for many folks in similar situations!

Your HIV-ARS inclusion and exclusion lists are helpful. Perhaps it's easiest just to say symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable. Symptoms or no symptoms should not be a reason to take an HIV test or not. The simple take-home lesson is you've placed yourself at risk, so you need testing. It's a simple enough lesson, but apparently one that many people have difficultly learning.

Thanks for the Hong Kong offer. We just may take you up on it next time we are in that part of the world.

Thanks for the X-Files subscription fee! We welcome you as a lifetime member!

Hugs and love returned many fold.

Definite Exposure Testing
Possibilities of infection