Hopeless in Germany
Aug 4, 2004
Dear Dr.Bob,sorry for my bad english.I wrote you often,but never came an answer.I know,you get a lot of post.But please,please answer me in this time.I and my family are totally hopeless.After a risk i became symtoms.For example,I PGhad seborrical dermatitis and pain in hands/feets and arms/legs.I have did 10 elisa-Tests about 20 months and after 5 ,7 and 10 months I have done a pcr-dna for type 1 and 2.All 13 Tests were negative.But the pain dont go.My life is the hell-I dont know what I can do.It is a bad time for my family too.Please,please Dr. Bob,give me your opinion what I should do.Should I take an other test?I have no more Ideas.I need help.Please answer me,thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Hopeless in Germany,
You have had 10 negative ELISA tests out to 20 months ad three negative PCR-DNAs out to 10 months. What part of "you are HIV negative" don't you understand?
Your life may be "hell" and you may feel "hopeless," but I can absolutely assure you HIV is not the problem!
Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of HIV disease. If your doctor cannot find a physical cause for your complaints, a psychological cause should be sought.
My advice is simple:
1. Stop HIV testing
2. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have. (HIV)
3. Get psychological or psychiatric counseling to help you cope with your irrational fears and to help you accept your "negative" status.
Getting the psychological/psychiatric help you need, not more HIV tests that you don't, is the best way to climb out of your self-induced hell.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.