English can you Heeeelp meeeeeeeeee

Hi

Great advice I bet you wish we would just listen sometimes.

I recently had sex with a sex worker - used a condom which didn't break and had and gave oral sex. 5 days later and I guess all the guilt thing kicked in and I am having pains in my neck elbows behind my kness and groin. There doesn't appear to be any swelling but the pain is real. Also mild sore throat and occassional runny nose, odd numbness in my arms and tongue - think I'm coming apart. You know what comes next!! What are the chances that I have HIV? this has been going on or over a week and I guess I am getting more stressed each day - I guess the mind is a wonderful thing - certainly making me pay for my sins.

What's your advice - and dont say sit down and have a cup of sweat tea hahaha - I know I have to wait until any testing can be done. A donation in sterling (the $ rates c**p)is on the way.

Hey - you stay well too, ok

Same questions, same answers. I suggest you reread the archives of this forum, noting in particular all the questions that are almost identical to yours. My response is also identical, if your latex condom was properly used and did not break, your HIV risk would be limited to oral sex, which carries a very low potential for HIV transmission. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease. Yes, statistically, it's your guilt, stress, and anxiety that are the most likely causes of your symptoms. If you reread the pertinent archives at a fairly good clip, it should take you approximately three months (including brief intervals for food, water, and watching the Sex in the City reruns). At that time, if you remain worried, get HIV tested, confirm your negative status, and then write to me, screaming, "WOO-HOO," and saying, "I can't believe what a nervous wreck I was!" We'll then add your all too familiar story to the archives.

Your risk is very low. The odds your three-month test will be negative are astronomically in your favor. Drinking sweet (rather than "sweat," which sounds particularly unappealing) tea while waiting to be tested to calm your irrationally frayed nerves, is an excellent idea. If that doesn't work, seek counseling.

Thank you for your donation!

G.W BUSH Calling On Dr. Bob!!
My oral sex exposure led to HIV!