just get tested

I was like many of you searching these archives for people in my situation. I was convinced for the last 2 years that I had hiv. Planning my life around this and trying to avoid any situation that required I get tested. My husband and I were discussing starting a family, so I figured I better get tested before I got pregnant. I had not told him I was worried about this for fear of him leaving me. I was so convinced I had it I have been searching these archives for months planning what meds I would start and when. I have had some enlarged lymph nodes for 2 years now and frequent herpes infections on my lips. I thought there was no other reason for this. My husband had gotten very ill about 3-4 weeks after we had sex the first time. I was convinced this was ars and I had infected him. It has been an agonizing 2 years. I finally got tested yesterday and today my test came back negative. Getting tested was the scariest part. I feel silly now I have been stressed about this for years. So, please just get tested. The sooner you know one way or the other the better. I know how easy it is to attribute every symptom you have to this. I am sure some will be due to hiv but there are probably a lot of you who will come back negative. Don't waste your life wondering and putting others at risk. Thank God I was lucky. If I had infected my husband I don't know what I would have done. God bless you all and thank you to this website for giving me the courage to get tested.

OK folks, you heard the lady. If you've DONE IT (put yourself at risk for HIV) then just go DO IT (get HIV tested)! And DO IT NOW!!!!!!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! Hopefully your story will help others avoid totally unnecessary agony and, instead, help them find more quickly their WOO-HOO ecstasy!

Stay well.

pep & fatherhood
you are killing me!