pep & fatherhood
Aug 1, 2004
Is it safe to try to conceive a child after having received PEP (if the person is HIV-negative)? I've heard there is too much genetic damage to the sperm to have a child safely.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Not sure where you heard that, but you certainly didn't hear it here!
Yes, it's safe. Now go make a baby!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Transmission With Undetectable Viral Load
- One Minute Unprotected Sex Chances Of Getting Hiv
- Hiv Transmission Risk Through Urine
- Can You Get Hiv During Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can A Man Give A Woman Hiv By Pulling Out Before Ejaculation?
- Can The Diagnosis Of Intestinal Candidiasis Be Dubious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.