Are all Americans this crazy?

Hi Dr.Bob, From one hiv+ to another you are awesome. You must be the most patient person in this world. I have to say if I was a doctor and got mail from people as ignorant to this disease as you do....that would make me suicidal not hiv! I am a female who unfortunately contracted hiv from someone I thought and was told was negative. I found out I was poz when I was pregnant with my first child. He thank God turned out negative. I read your forum every week and the questions that are asked absolutely stun me. The people who write in to you reconfirm why I have told no one about my status(other than my sons dad who is negative). These are probably the same people who think you get hiv from shaking hands! I wonder if these people work? It seems as though they have nothing better to do then wonder if the encounter 7 yrs ago has now crept up and out of the blue made them poz. All I can say to these people is if you are in doubt get checked. You can ask Dr Bob a bazillion times what the statistics of you getting hiv are but you know what....wouldnt it be shitty if you are that statistic who gets it. I can understand the concern and worry about the chance of contracting something but it makes me wonder what you guys worried about before hiv came along. Do you worry about hepatitis the same way ? God people get a life and start living it! Going for the test can be extremely nerve raking but wouldnt you rather know. If you are in doubt of someones status GET CHECKED.Stop contemplating the chance of getting hiv. If you made a mistake once think twice about making it again. I have to say when I read the ignorance of the people who write in it makes me want to throw my computer out the window. When you sleep with someone of unknown status, sleep with them as if they were positive. How do you analyze things so much as to the amount of time you actually sucked someones shaft! Geez people get a porno and whack it if you are that worried about catching something. Oh actually I have a better idea...start using protection. By the way I am Canadian! Do you ever make appearances in our end of the country? I would love the opportunity to meet you...I am sure you are just as hot in person as you are in your pic. Thanks for letting me vent!

Hi Canadian Poz-Friend,

Loved your rant! What gets posted here is a mere tiny fraction of what gets sent to me. Not only do some folks analyze the amount of time spent "lunching at the Y" or "knob slobbing," but they actually tell me the number of licks.

I really appreciated your taking the time to write in and share your story as well as your words of wisdom (and common sense) for the WWs (that perhaps should be worried wrecks, rather than worried wells) that crowd into this forum.

Yes, I do get to Canada fairly often usually the two coasts (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City), rather than all that scenic country in the middle. In many ways, I think Canada has done a better job than the U.S. in HIV/AIDS education, awareness, and prevention. Here we are far too busy trying to outlaw gay marriage and promote abstinence to really address the realities of the AIDS crisis in our midst.

Stay well my friend, and I'll try to do the same.

HelpURGENT....Bob she was a squirter!!!!!
I received oral sex from an HIV+ AIDS Educator