Herpes medication and the ELISA test

Hello Doctor,

I took Valtrex pills like about three years ago for about 15 days for genital herpes.

I had a low risk exposure like one year ago, and following that exposure, i got tested for

HIV ELISA antibody test after seven months, which came out to be negative.

Do u think that the valtrex medication could have affected my ELISA test by providing a false

negative. Will the medication inhibit the production of antibodies or the window period of

HIV.

Thanks for ur time.

Nope! Valtrex will not inhibit HIV antibody production, alter the validity of HIV tests, or change the window period. I should also point out that I have answered this exact question several times before. Folks, if you are looking for information, remember to check the archives first. Your answer is probably already there just a mouse click away, waiting for you!

ORAL SEX
fluconazole and HIV TEST???? PZL ANSWER