Aug 1, 2004
Can stds be contagious by use of oral sex
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, and there are different levels of risk, depending on which STD and even the type of oral sex involved. In general, STDs that cause sores and blisters (like syphilis and herpes, for example) are easy to catch from all types of oral sex both getting and giving. Hepatitis A, intestinal parasites, and herpes can be easily transmitted through rimming without a barrier. HIV, on the other hand, is not easy to get from any type of oral sex.
Check the archives, if you need additional details.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.