Is that really really you?

Hi Doctor Bob,

I know..I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable as if I am scared of the illness...I am the tweezer girl who thinks she can get it from her mom. It is just because I don't fear the illness..I fear disapointing her ( oral thing ) more than ever after she taught me to be safe. I love her and we have an amazing relationship but she lives her life trying not to talk about the illness. She is living her life well and I know she is not going anywhere. I don't see HIV as a death sentence at all. I worry for you Doctor Bob, because I know that even with my mother who takes it fine has her days and cries..although we know HIV is not a killer, just an illness, mind over matter. I worry for you because I hope some people here who say they will kill themselves and act all crazy..don't ever make you feel bad..because you are an angel..doctor..and you are a beautiful person. That person that mentioned that faggot comment is so un educated and the doctor too! Anyway Doctor..I adore you and my mother knows about you and says..live life to the fullest! When you are going through hard days, and I don't mean the HIV thingy..just regualr hard days..just remember that you are a hero and that people love you so much out there. Keep looking beautiful and sexy! Your man is a lucky man! I will donate as soon as I can! I am nto worried anymore and if I am pos. then I will apologize to my mother and she and I would take meds and live..because thats what its all about! If I am negative I will whoohooo to you and never bother you again with pathetic questions..

LOVE YOU!

Hi Doctor,

I am the tweezer girl, I know that whole mom situation thing did not sound right..but I do have a beautiful relationship with her and did not want her to feel uncomfortable. I don't fear the illness..I fear getting it and disapointing her...because she taught me to be safe...(more on the oral thing) But you made me feel a lot better. I know HIV is not like before and people can live, live and liveeeeeee..and I know my mother will live to see me marry and you will live longgg because it is mind over matter..I just want to take the time to thank you for answering my question. Yes, I took your advice with the question thing..I just rather not have her feel uncomfortable...she gets that way. I told her about your site and she thinks you are an angel on earth. God bless you...You are indeed a beautiful person and once I get into money sooon..I will donate..With love

Mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks for writing back twice! (I've combined both your comments.)

I'm delighted you and your mom have such a great relationship! I'm also very pleased she took the time to teach you how to keep yourself safe. Definitely keep the channels of communication wide open between you and your mom. You both need each other. She needs your support and to know that you are not irrationally afraid of the illness. Also, that she has not disappointed you! You, on the other hand, need Mom's wise words and the comfort that only a mother can provide.

I'm quite confident and very hopeful things will work out well for you both.

Good luck! Tell Mom I said, "Hi!"

Another stripper story with a twist - Please help (9th time)
Crazed Canuck... Please Help!!