Am I finished, Doc?

Dear Doctor Bob:

I had receptive oral sex with an HIV-infected prostitute in the Phillipines.

Now, I am concerned. I took the following test, and now I wonder if I should test again:

At 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 weeks, I took a TWO qualitative PCR tests. Each time, one test was sent to Quest Diagnostics, and the other one was sent to Lab Corp. All test were negative.

At 11 weeks and 3 days, I took FOUR ELISA test. They were administered through: Quest Diagnostic, Lab Corp, Health Department, and Johns Hopkins.

Do I need to test again, since I miss the 12 weeks by 4 days?

PLEASE HELP, DB.

You sent parallel PCR tests to two different labs at two, four, six, eight, and 10 weeks? Yikes, that's 10 PCR tests! And then you sent four parallel ELISA tests at 11 weeks? Do you realize that the money you've spent on HIV tests is more than the gross national product of several small African nations? And you did all this because you had oral sex with a prostitute in the Philippines that you believe to be HIV infected. And now you wonder if you need additional HIV testing, because you missed the three-month cutoff by four days? Hmmmm, you must be new to this forum. Aren't you? First off, read all the entries in the archives pertaining to oral sex as well as to HIV testing. Go ahead. We'll wait. OK . . . finished? What did you learn? Do you need more testing? No! That's absolutely correct. Have you had way, way, way too much testing already? Yes! Correct again! Does oral sex carry only a very low risk for HIV transmission? Not sure? What do you mean you are not sure? OK, go back and reread the archives once again. The rest of us will move on to other questions, because we already know the answer is yes.

Stay well.

we spoke im scared its one and a half years
Worried but Well. Thank you.