6th time

well i back for the 6th time and stresses out really bad now. i went to church and the bishop really eased my thoughts a little. he said that by worrying it wont and another day to ypur life. and that everything in our lives are pre-ordered for us. so whats gonna be gonna be, and who am i to change that. but the worry is still kind of there. i had sexual intercourse 3 times unprotected one in nov, dec of 03 and again in feb of 04. i took a test in april but that was only at 10 weeks. now im affraid because i didnt wait long enough. please just tell me something.

I just finished watching an excellent HBO documentary about the Church and celibacy. Enforced celibacy is archaic, abnormal, against human nature, and psychologically extremely damaging. Hence, I sometimes wonder about the wisdom of going to the Church for advice on sexual matters. But be that as it may, I'm glad your church visit "eased your thoughts a little." However, the concept of everything being predetermined is also completely ludicrous to any thinking, reasoning, rational human being.

OK, on to your problem. Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. A negative test at 10 weeks is encouraging, but not definitive. A conclusive test in your situation would require a negative ELISA test at three months or more from the time of the last exposure. It would be helpful if the Church would disseminate this type of information, rather than that fatalistic "everything has been predetermined" nonsense.

I'd suggest you recognize your mistakes, face your fears, accept the consequences of your actions, and learn from your experience.

Don't be afraid; be realistic. Repeat your HIV test at the three-month mark. The chances are excellent you will be negative. The science of this test will dispel your fears. When it comes to HIV, it's scientific fact, not vague beliefs, that is crucial.

You are lying to us!
So worried, please help Dr. Frascino