Dr. Bob please help, donation on the way

I really appreciate everything you do here on the site, it helps a lot of us going through the window period to be able to eat and sleep sometimes. I know you are busy but I need to ask again. On june 7 2004 I was on a business trip in Atlanta, I went to a strip club, first mistake since Ive been married for 14yrs with 3 children. Anyway She took me into the Vip room where I thought you only get private dances. #1 she gave me a handjob, no exposure there. #2 she put her fingers in her vagina than into my mouth, I am missing a cap which scrapes my tongue, but there is no blood. #3 I put my fingers in her for a few minutes, I do bite my nails and peel my cuticles so sometimes I do have small cuts, I dont believe they were bleeding. #4 she turned around with her butt in my face I thought she was still giving me a handjob, but she said she put me inside her, it definetly wasnt rough. When I got back 3 days later I had diarea really bad which I believe was nerves that went away. But now about 5 weeks later I have muscle aches down the back of my legs the doctor says could be sciatica, can stress cause this. I also have aches in my shoulders and down my arms. Ive told my wife everything, which I think has made us stronger. But I keep convincing myself that the muscle pains are Hiv and it scares me to the point that I cant eat. I check my body for every symptom about 50 times a day and I cant stop. I know you have givin the odds before, but can you do it one more time for me please. My doctor said if I tested negative within a month it usually means I am ok is that true?

Thank you Gary

P.s. please respond soon Im going crazy thinking Ive ruined everything for my wife and kids.

just made a donation of 100dollars

Dr. Bob,

I just wrote about my episode in atlanta with the stripper. I wasnt sure I gave my email address so I am writing this to make sure.

THanks Again, Gary

Gary,

The probability statistics for HIV transmission from an HIV exposure have not changed. The risk per episode of receptive vaginal exposure with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is estimated to be 0.1% to 0.2%, just as I have written so many times before. I'll also add that your risk would be lower, because 1) you would have been the insertive partner and 2) we do not know if Betty Boom Boom was HIV positive or not. Your doctor is correct that most people who contract HIV would have a positive ELISA test in one month. However, please note that the tests are not considered definitive until at least three months.

Do I think you've ruined everything for your wife and kids? No. Instead, I think your level of worry and concern demonstrates how much you love them.

Stop checking for symptoms 50 times per day. That's not at all helpful. Get some counseling if your anxiety is interfering with your life.

The odds are very much in your favor for not having contracted HIV from this episode. We'll all send you our very best luck that you'll soon be sending up a wild and wooly WOO-HOO!

Donated Again--3rd request
An essential message for the worried well