The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jul 25, 2004

i had risk one year ago got tested right away had to wait window broke out in a sweat in crotch one day just sitting one year tested again and get sweats when start activites muscles swollen or fat buils up in neck groin arms, now inlower leg really swollen doctor has no answers why all muscles big, when i got tested counslor told me hiv hides in muscle is that true and then it starts its work really would like your help thanks mike

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mike,

You would like my help? OK. But I think the things you need the most help with are grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and need for capital letters.

I'm not sure what risk you had, but it appears you were HIV tested immediately after and then again one year later. I'm assuming both of these tests were negative. Right?

You are now concerned about sweating and swollen muscles. I certainly can't diagnose your condition over the Internet, but if your HIV tests are negative out to one year since your last exposure, I can certainly advise you that HIV is not your problem. I'm not sure what the counselor was trying to tell you, but HIV does not hide in muscles. Follow up with your doctor about any ongoing medical concerns or symptoms, but rest assured that HIV is not the cause. Also, do sign up for that grammar 101 course ASAP.

Stay well,

Dr. Bob (or should that be staywelldrbob?)

I will put up Kerry sign in my front yard
Please write back,OCD possible??

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint