two potential exposures(never asked)d

Dear Doc. Bob, I had unprotected insertive sex(i know that was stupid)with a man of unknown status.Then I had protected sex with the same guy two weeks later and the condom broke(during the intercourse I didn`t realize the incident).I read your postings and I learned that HIV test is considered conclusive 3 months after the last possible exposure.So, after two potential exposures, my question is:in case i was infected,can the first exposure affect the result of the test three months after the second contact? I need an answer,pleeeease!!!I am going crazy! Hugs from South America, From Mr Brazilian Desperate

Hello Mr. Brazilian Desperate,

You are correct that HIV tests are not considered to be definitive until three months after the last possible exposure. If you were infected at the time of the last exposure or anytime before that (in your case, two weeks before), the test would be positive. Hope that clears things up for you. Good luck!

I send return hugs form San Francisco!

Saint with humor
I will put up Kerry sign in my front yard