Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

AIDS IN FOOD????? Please help clean up MED-SCHOOL BS, Dr. Bob!
Jul 22, 2004

Dear Dr. Bob,

a friend of mine who got into med school (don't ask me how) keeps on telling me that HIV can survive in the following:

- raw food (salads and the like)

-doctors' & pharmacists' hands

and

- notes (money, that is), as well as coins

Is that true, or is he out of his mind, trying to get me out of mine?

What does 'does not survive outside the body' mean in medical terms?! (cell membrane drying up? protein layer around the cell disintegrating? evaporation???)

I'd like to pay him back with some 'real' knowledge, too (I only made it to a party-college). He does deserve it, doesn't he?

Thank you so much for your help,

Kindly,

Scartypants in P.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Scaredypants in P,

Well, if Dubya made it into Yale, I suppose your delusional friend may have made it into some medical school. With information like he's providing, I'm quite confident he won't make it out of medical school . . . although, come to think of it, Cheney is in need of a new doc. His last one apparently partied too much with Rush Limbaugh and friends.

At any rate, unless the Vatican has opened a medical school, I'm sure your friend's idiotic notions will be roundly debunked by any medical professional. You might also suggest he read any medical textbook, visit any reputable HIV information website, or attempt to use some common sense. Any of these should be effective in convincing him that HIV does not survive without a human host.

Scaredypants, in this case, you are smartypants and your friend is stupidpants.

I'll just sign off as . . .

Sponge Bob Square Pants, OK?

Previous
Bobs the man
Next
My second Donation.A lesbian fantasy with Russin girls

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.