Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral Sex & Encounters w/ Saliva
Jul 22, 2004

Hey Dr, this is my 2nd time answering this question and hopefully you can shed some light on my hysteria..About a week ago I had an encounter with a sex worker. She proceeded to give me a handjob with some 'flavored' lubes. Before I knew it her head was 'down there' and her mouth was on the tip of my penis for about 1 Second..I told her NO and to put a condom on. She proceeded to give me a bj for about 3 minutes all the while using her hand too. The condom would come off the base but never off of me. She then proceeded to give me a very rough hand job until I came. During that time she also 'drooled a little' and dropped her gum on my upper pubic region near my waistline! Right after the event I jumped in the shower and experienced a little pain from her rough hand job. Also I had no intercourse with her or other contact with her saliva. based upon my 1 second exposure to her saliva on my penis, my question to you is am I still considered low risk for HIV? Also I'm experiencing some urethritis/prostatis-like discomfort (but no discharges, fever, outer blisters, etc.) now. Could I have contracted herpes with such a quick exposure to her saliva? Thanks again Dr Frascino! You're the best...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

This is your 2nd time "answering" this question???? What??? Aren't you supposed to be the one "asking" the questions?

You want me to "shed some light on your hysteria????" I'm not sure you need any additional illumination of that. Your hysteria is shining quite brightly already.

OK, so where did you find this drooling, gum-dropping sex worker? Sounds like she must have missed as many days at the Hooker Academy as Dubya did in his National Guard duty.

So your risk is a one-second flavored lube Mr. Happy taste test, having various things dribbled onto your nether regions (drool and gum), and a rough condom-protected handjob. I'd say your major risk here is getting Bazooka bubblegum seriously matted into your hairy love jungle. Perhaps this is one of the reasons trimming and shaving one's home entertainment center has become so wildly popular??? (Well, that and the hit movie, "Shaving Ryan's Privates.")

Oh, but I digress . . . . Back to your question . . . . Relax, guy, your HIV risk is so low as to be essentially off the radar screen. If you're worried about urethritis/prostatitis, have your general medical doctor check you out. He'll understand when he sees where the wad of Doublemint is all wadded up.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Theres that Mean Guy Again
Next
Bobs the man

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.