Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Saint Roberto .You have changed my idea about gay people
Jul 21, 2004

Saint Roberto I am sending this e-mail from the mid -east country that you have visited at the end of June. Initially I have a statement about you .You are simply an understanding, intelligent and good person and pls stay alive the world needs you. At the age of 11 I had trouble with two maniac people whom wanted to rape me and they did not succeed it .Since than I thought gay people might be an evil .Today I know the difference between gay, straight and maniacs thank you BOB. Secondly ,I have this question to ask you : Am I at HV risk performing oral sex(sensitive dental mucosa) and receiving unprotected oral sex from a paid lady .Although there are many answered questions on this matter receiving direct detailed answer from you is like receiving gift from SANTA CLAUSE . GOD BLESS YOU

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are from Greece, Turkey, Croatia, or Italy, but in any case, I'm delighted you have a more realistic view of gay vs. straight vs. sexual deviant. Gays and straights are indeed normal. Sexual deviants are not. Sexual deviants can be either gay or straight.

My response to you about oral sex is predictably exactly the same as it would be to anyone else in your situation. Oral sex (with or without "sensitive dental mucosa") carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Whether you paid the lady, she paid you, or no money was exchanged doesn't really change your overall HIV risk. (It remains very, very low). That said, if you are concerned about STDs, including HIV, the only way to ascertain with certainty if you're infected is to get the appropriate tests. FDA-approved home test kits for HIV are available by post, so you don't have to wait for Santa's once-per-year December delivery service. Just remember to wait at least three months for the HIV test to be definitive.

Merry Christmas.

Dr. Santa

Previous
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO
Next
My thoughts

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.