Dr. Fascino, sorry, a very personal question...

First, let me apologize for asking such a question in the first place. Has it EVER occured to you that a condom failed? If yes, what did your partner and you do, considering that you are a magnetic couple?? Waiting 3 months for the results does not sound like a great thing... On a related matter, when will speedier tests be available? Something like same-day test, for example?

Many thanks, you are a great person, even if you got it wrong about Gov. Schwarzenegger, who is doing a great job for California!

A friend from Switzerland

Hello Friend in Switzerland,

What do you mean "occurred"? A condom either fails or it doesn't. When it does, it's certainly not a subtle phenomenon. When stretched, latex under pressure "fails" and the rubber rips and tears dramatically, like a balloon that pops.

Has it ever happened with Steve and me? No. It's actually a very, very rare event if you use high quality latex condoms properly. If we did experience a condom failure and there was significant exposure, we would not wait three months for a test. Rather, we would begin a PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) protocol. In other words, we would practice exactly what we preach!

As for speedier HIV tests, well they are already here. In fact, results can be available in as little time as 20 minutes.

Finally, the jury is still out on the governator. Hopefully, wife Maria will pull the strings and Arnold will follow the script. Certainly his recent homophobic comments about "girly-men" haven't impressed many Californians.

Hope that helps.

Bumps on Uvula (please, will donate)
questions about my semen etc