Bumps on Uvula (please, will donate)

Contact occured eight weeks after I performed unprotected oral sex on a man at a bathhouse, I swallowed. I had not been sexually active since.

At 8 weeks, I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and several bumps on my uvula. There is also what appears to be a white patch in the back right corner of my throught. It is causing pain. Ocassionally both of my ears ache and I think this is from swelling in my neck. The bumps have not gone away and it has been 12 weeks since they appeared now.

My throat is not sore in the traditional sense in that it doesn't burn like strep. It is sore as in dull pain. It does not hurt when I swallow. I feel like my lymph nodes are aching...especially behind my jaw, wrapping under and down along side my wind pipe.

I am scared. Is this an STD? I ask because I was told that gonnoreah would have emerged w/in 30 days or so, and that syphillis cancers would have gone away before 12 weeks, and that herpes would come and go, but would not just stay there on my uvual.

The only option I see is genital warts. But i read that oral transmission of genital warts is practically unheard of unless you are hiv positive.

Are my symptoms indicative of hpv or hiv? Or is some other std more likely? I am scared because I live in a small town and I am afraid to even go to the dentist for a routine check up because he might see these bumps and know I have hiv or some other std.... word gets around in this town.

Please answer me. Donation coming. I have been praying that Kerry would choose you as a running mate... oh well, everyone can't be perfect. I'll donate to him just the same...right after I cut a check to the Body... for talking real about sex and stds... in a nonjudgemental forum.

I'm afraid I have a problem that needs medical attention and that I'm letting something curable grow, set in and become terminal. If I just knew the reaction my local doctor is going to have.... like... will he see these bumps and know right away I'm gay and have an std from performing oral sex?

Please help me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are afraid to go to a doctor or dentist because they might think you are gay and have an STD from performing oral sex???? Oh my, my, my welcome to small town, USA! Might you be writing from one of those square states in the center of the country? You know, the red ones????

If that's really the repressive environment you are living in, my first suggestion would be "come out"! Being gay with or without an STD is not a crime or something to be fearful or ashamed about, despite what Bush, Ashcroft, and their cronies say. Even Cheney has a gay daughter. (By the way, we now all realize that the reason Cheney has come out so strongly against gay marriage is a thinly veiled attempt to never have to pay for his own daughter's wedding!!!) Next, if you can't, or won't, "come out," I'd suggest you "get out!" That place can be detrimental to both your mental and physical well being.

From what you've told me, I don't believe you have anything "terminal" or even very serious; however, I certainly can't make diagnoses over the Internet. Drive to the next largest town if you have to, but do find a doctor in whom you can confide and with whom you can be honest. All medical records are supposed to be confidential, just as all physicians are supposed to be nonjudgmental. However, I do realize you can't always count on this. After all, all eligible voters, including Afro-Americans, are supposed to be able to vote in presidential elections, but we all know that isn't the way it worked in Florida either!

Thank you for your donation. And remember, we'll always welcome you with open arms in San Francisco.

worried female in florida (home of elian, messy elections, and cuban coffee)
Dr. Fascino, sorry, a very personal question...