Really think a film can defeat President Dubya?!?!?!

Yes it was a great film and when I got done watching it I was thinking that he is done for sure.. But I'd have to say that I'm about as sure as that as I am about my HIV negative status.

One question I can't get answered when looking through the archives or the CDC recommendations: If someone has had a significant HIV risk 8-12 years ago and never got tested until recently, how are they to know additional testing is necessary because of a damanged immune system? I only had to take two Elisa's(one for HIV-1 and one for HIV-1/2) to realize that I don't have any antibodies, and I believe that, but how would I know if my immune system is damaged from having the disease so long? How many cases have there been when this occurs? And what is the condition of these patients?

And I have one more question.. What's this with the Fox news channel calling everyone "Liberal" these days? I foolishly kept their news on for a while and they regularly dismiss people and other news organizations by calling them Liberals. I think we should start using the phrase "right wingers" more. Especially when referring to Fox news.

By the way, negative or positive I will never stop reading your forum, like I said before, you ARE the Carrie Bradshaw of the HIV community!

Keep up the good stuff as it has been extra good lately!

MadP

Hello Mad P,

Well, I don't know if Fahrenheit 9/11 can defeat (re-defeat!) Dubya, but it sure is obvious the Bushies are not happy that the film has hit the 80 million mark already! Did you know some movie chains in the square red States are refusing to show it?!?

Next topic Fox News? That would be a very "liberal" use of the word "news." Fox is more of an editorial written, produced, and, by and large, consumed by folks who have moved so far right that they have become a parody. I have difficulty knowing if I've tuned into Comedy Central, a Saturday Night Live sketch, or a Fox News broadcast. They are all equally absurd. Of course, only two of the above three know and intend to be absurd!

OK, on to your question. If your immune system was so damaged that you were no longer making antibodies, you would definitely know it, because you would be very, very close to being featured on the next Six Feet Under episode as the character listed only as "corpse on a slab." That's correct, Mad P, an immune system that has deteriorated to the point of not being functional enough to make antibodies is not really compatible with life. When someone is that sick, it's no secret. So if you're still up and around, going to see Michael Moore movies, and wondering what the hell Fox News is talking about, I can assure you that you are still not only capable, but also are actively making, functional antibodies. You probably couldn't find this information on the CDC site (although it is indeed in my archives!), because it's something most folks would never even consider, let alone worry about. It's like wondering how Dubya manages to tie his shoes every morning. The answer is basic to those who know Cheney ties them for him.

Thanks for the Carrie compliment. I do so miss her, Charlotte, Miranda, and especially Samantha on Sunday nights! At least for now, we have David, Nate, Clair, Ruth, and Brenda, as well as Brian, Michael, Ted, Emmett, and Debbie.

Stay well, Mad P

GEE, AS HARD AS YOU WORK...
OCD