Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Temperature and HIV Test(Never asked before)
Jul 12, 2004

Dear Dr. Bob,

First of all, thanks for the invaluable service and support you have provided for all of us.

Here are two questions which were never asked before. I think the answers to them will benefit many other readers.

1) Will the result of HOME ACCESS be affected by the temperature? i.e. If the purchased test kit has been kept in an environment with high temperature, say, in a car trunk, before it is used, could it cause false negative result?

2) I had a protected intercourse with a female sex worker two weeks ago. The condom was intact. However after I removed the condom carefully and cleaned myself with paper towel, the lady sprayed some water on my Mr. Happy to help my cleaning. If there is some vaginal liquid left in the root and hair of my Mr. Happy, is it possible that the water could flush some vaginal liquid into the head of Mr. Happy and cause infection? Do I need concern and test a test?

I made a donation of 150.00$ through my credit card last week. I will continue to donate in the future as long as my financial status allows.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. I am not aware there are any temperature restrictions on the Home Access test kit. You should check the package insert that came with your kit to be sure, but I strongly doubt leaving the kit in the trunk of a car on a hot day would affect the results.

2. No, you don't have to worry about Mr. Happy having HIV washed into him by Striperella's spray cleanup service.

Thanks for your very generous donation. It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Yahoo, yeah baby, bloody marvelous! result confirms your answer
Next
I'm neg, she is poz

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.