Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

FlashAAAHHH!!!
Jul 11, 2004

Dear Dr. Bob,

I hope this old 80's movie(Flash Gordon) gets your attention. Because I really need it. I foolishly performed unprotected oral sex on a female call girl about a year and a half ago. I have read the forums everyday for the last year and a half. Doc, I cant sleep, eat, or be myself since this happened. I have always been happy go lucky guy, and now i am miserable stressed guy. I am so afraid to talk to anybody about this. I got the nerve to call the CDC once and the guy there said I have a real good chance that I contracted HIV. I have ordered the home test but just come home everyday from work and look at it. My worst fear of all is that I have to tell the two girls I have been with since that they have HIV because of ME! I just have this feeling that I have it. Besides my current girlfriend was diagnosed with Bronchitis 3-4weeks after we had unprotected sex for the first time. She also had a cold sore on outer lip 1 week after that. Since then she had a case of cryptic tonsillitis. And I know this is a lymph node thing and hello tonsils. I wish someone could tell me that I have nothing to worry about or that her symptoms were not ARS. Hell, I just want to talk to somebody. I hate being a Worried Well, I hate the fact that I actually marked the day you said you were coming back from your trip so I could look on your forum and see if anybody else has the same exact problem with this oral sex on a call girl thing. I really have no question. I am just a guy who needs to hear some helpful words of encouragement and a kick in the balls to get tested.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Flash,

OK, consider yourself kicked in the balls. Oucha magoucha! Doesn't that hurt???

If you've been reading my forum for one and a half years, you should know oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. You should also know that symptoms do not equal HIV disease. In addition, you should have learned that "just having this feeling that you have it" doesn't mean you actually do have it!

Now, as for that CDC guy, if he really told you that you had a "real good chance" of contracting HIV from your episode of oral sex, I want to kick him in the ass! I'm sure he meant well, but the information he gave you was certainly not accurate. Maybe the dude was still in training. Or maybe by mistake you called the wrong CDC --- the Christian Disingenuous Center (CDC) Vatican HIV Hotline. They are infamous for providing misinformation about HIV/AIDS. At any rate, Flash, stop staring at your home test and just do it! However, do check to be certain the test is FDA approved.

I'll be waiting for your "Flash" of good news about your negative results. Don't put it off, or I don't want to have to kick you again!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I don't give up easily!! Help me PLEASE
Next
patience

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.