Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Cartoon Version of Geneva Conventions
Jul 7, 2004

Ciao Roberto!

How is your summer holiday going? I had to write you, when I read your e-response to a Californian volunteer doing the prevention work against AIDS. Does the W (so called leader of the free world) really think sex education is too graphic!!???

Did I get it right? Or is it just my English? Does he say that while given sex education, people may actually think of sex, because they are shown a picture of an object that fits... erhm... that obscene private part that God Almighty created?!

For a person who does not read newspapers, the only way to present something is through images, right? (Have you seen George Michael's cartoon video on Bu$h & Bair? Puppet dolls are another option, I guess...)?!

Sex education is too graphic, said by a man who did not understand the meaning of Geneva Conventions before he got the "illuminated" version of it?! Yes, Mr Bush, torturing POWs actually hurts and humiliates the victims!!!!

Please, Americans, do something! Make him an HIV cartoon video that he would finally get it. Or just use those political liberties expressed in your Constitution next time and VOTE!!!!!

Bob, you rock! I hope you never feel too tired of fighting this War Against Ignorance and Arrogance.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your comments! I'll just send him a copy of Michael Moore's new film, "Fahrenheit 9/11." Since he doesn't read newspapers, maybe he watches movies. I should also send him a copy of the United Nations AIDS agency's report compiled for release on the eve of the International AIDS Conference, which kicks off this weekend in Bangkok. The report clearly indicates the world is losing the race against the AIDS virus. Nine out of every 10 people who urgently need treatment are not getting it, and prevention is still only reaching one in five who should have it. The report is a testament to the world's failure to get the prevention message and treatment to the people who need it. AIDS is the war (and the terror) we should be fighting. But Dubya's not really getting the message. Puppet dolls are an idea, but remember Kami, the HIV-positive Muppet, Bush would not even allow her into the country!!

Dr. Bob

Previous
My Dentist turned me away
Next
X-WW, Stupid Night In Mexico ...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.