Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Receiving oral sex - From India
Jul 6, 2004

Dear Doctor,

First of all, hats of to you for your infectious attitude...positive may i add..think you could give millions of people all over with everything they can want a run for thier money in terms of ur positivity. My pranam (thats salute in Hindi - the official Indian language) to you for this. Thnk you manage to deliver the blow (of having contracted the disease) in the sweetest possible way..and i agree with the person who reacted to the fellow who wanted to say bye to u...wish i had the money to come down and beat the shit out of that fucker..anyway to my question without wasting ur time...had protected oral sex with a hooker in my car - condom provided by the lady / guy (looked suspiciously good looking) - came in about a minute in the condom. Other than that touched her pubic hair possibly for 5 seconds. Im aware that the infection is probably not transmittable in this way but all the same..do you think i coud have got it subsequently by touching my nose or maybe my mouth with the same finger? I had taken a WBC test for some other reasons and the count was 5200 - the differential were all within normal range - since then there has no peace of mind - going crazy would be an understatement i guess - PLs do get back doc...thanks for brnging peace to all us troubled souls...and if HIV brings out this in a person -then maybe it isnt that bad afterall...thanks for being u...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I would not be concerned about a white cell count of 5,200 with a normal differential. Your risk of contracting HIV from touching your nose or mouth in the scenario you describe is nonexistent. No reason to go "crazy." In fact, no reason to even worry at all. I'm absolutely "positive" about that! OK?

Stay well. Thanks for your kind words and support.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Canada Loves You!
Next
damn aaight.....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.