The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

todays posting FREAKED me out

Jul 4, 2004

The guy who wrote in and said he had some unprotected vaginal sex and a ton of blow jobs from guys was wondering how he got hiv........I am a 50 year old good looking guy who has no problem at all getting some head when im out in the big city. Ive read many archives over the years and decided that if something happens with someone the only body fluid exchange would be saliva....making out and getting head. Ive stuck to that 100 percent over the past 5 years. If this was your bio would you get tested.......Thanks so much in advance for your response. I read your comments every morning with my coffee....:) Thank you, peter

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Peter,

"A 50-year-old good looking guy who has no problems at all getting head when out in the big city" is your bio??? Isn't that a bit brief? Well, no matter . . . on to your question. Whether or not to get HIV tested is a personal decision. All I can do is advise you on the level of risk, based on potential HIV exposure. The risk of HIV transmission from oral sex is extremely low, as you probably realize from reading my responses with your morning coffee. (By the way, can you pour me a cup?) Should you get tested, based on this degree of "risk?" -- only you can decide. What would I do? Well first off, I'd have another cup of coffee.

Stay well, Peter!

Dr. Bob

Needle stick injury

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint