Recieved oral sex - got tested - guess what? Thanks for helping.

I received unprotected oral sex. I tested negative today (ELISA) after two years of worry. During all that time I read these forums regularly. Yet despite all the reassuring answers, I still could not remove the worry from my mind. Yes, I was convinced. I had symptoms in the three months after. I really thought I was the one.

Each time I read your responses I would try to make myself believe that I was being irrational, and I felt much better. But that feeling never lasted long.

I dont want to believe I have been stupid in my fears. The feeling was real and ever-present. Once its there, theres no getting away from it, no matter what statistics are put in front of you.

If you want to know for sure, you know what you have to do. Its not easy, and so many thoughts go through your mind.

Getting tested was the best thing I ever did. I can now face the future, and make plans, with confidence that has been utterly lacking in the past two years.

I have learned so much from these forums. Thank you for being open, honest and (most of all) non-judgmental in your responses to peoples queries.

I want to pass on my best wishes in your courageous work.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story. Congratulations on your negative test results! By the way, yes, I did "guess what" correctly!

Yabba-dabba-do!

Stay well.

Stats
Needle stick injury