Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blame me...I voted for Nader.
Jul 4, 2004

Imagine my surprise when that election fiasco finally got worked out with Bush uncomprehendibly coming out the winner! I had thought that I was pretty safe with voting my Green Party-leaning conscience. But now I fear that many people like myself may have pushed the balance, so to speak. This year, although Nader is running again, I am supporting Kerry and doing everything I can do to facilitate "regime change" right here.

But speaking of thinking things are pretty safe that later turn to (great) fear. I have an exposure question for you. Just about 4 weeks ago I was with a woman of unknown status. Insertive vaginal sex was protected, no condom problems detected...so I feel pretty safe about that. However, I did go down on her. Also, she rubbed her vagina along the top-side of my penis for a couple of minutes before I put the condom on. She was definitely wet and I know there was fluid transfer.

So my big question is did I mess up again like I did when Bush got elected? I know giving oral sex to a woman is very low risk (not no risk)...but what about that rubbing part? Is this the "no risk" grinding that has been mentioned in previous posts?

Thank you kindly for your answer. Let's all be safe and work to get more compassionate leaders in the white house.

p.s. I know you said that you read every email (among thousands) and that donating has nothing to do with who is posted, but my messages seem to have been skipped...perhaps my clever prose will help get attention?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Yes, I try to read (or at least scan) all questions, but I certainly do not claim to be able to answer all of them. Yours have not been skipped. It's just that I've answered similar questions in the past, and I try not to be too repetitive. The chances of contracting HIV by body rubbing (frottage) are negligible. However, as always, if you are worried, get tested at the three-month mark.

Although I strongly agree with much of the Green Party's platform, at this point, "regime change" for the USA is essential and Kerry is the best choice to "re-defeat" Bush. Of course at this point an argument can be made for ABB! (Anybody But Bush)!

Stay safe; stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Bloody Kiss??? 5th question running!!!
Next
...Apologies...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.