|Never been asked question
Jul 4, 2004
Doctor Bob , Is it safe to trust the results of a Gen 4 Elisa combi Antibody/Antigen by Roche Instruments. The results of these test were available in 2 hours. I have never heard of roche instruments and hope u can shed some light into the validity of my test results. I have taken these tests 1,2,3,5 months after exposure and all were non reactive.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Roche diagnostics products, such as the Amplicor HIV tests, are FDA approved and highly reliable. HIV test results are considered reliable three months or more after a potential exposure.
Hope that helps clarify things for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.