probable oral thrush, hungarian sex club experience

Dr Bob, Firstly, I think you are a benefit to the human race for doing all you have to help promote and strengthen AIDS research.

Now my dilemma: About 8 weeks ago, I drunkenly stumbled into a Strip Club in Hungary and wound up taking one of the girls up to my hotel room (for a fee, of course) whereupon we engaged in protected intercourse followed by unprotected mutual masturbation. She would touch herself for lubrication and then stroke my erection. I don't know whether or not she was experiencing her period at the time. The next morning, once I'd sobered up, I mmediately felt stressed out and beginning last week, I developed what I'm almost certain is oral thrush. I just can't wrap my mind around how a this may've happened. I may've had a very small cut as a result of a sexual encounter from a few days before (long time friend, HIV neg), I mention this only because I don't see how else I could have thrush aside from it being HIV, my diet hasn't changed and I'm not on steroids. I've been tested and am currently awaiting my results, but I fear that I have contracted this virus and have infected my girlfriend here at home.

So my questions: 1. Have you ever heard of anyone contracting this virus through mutual masterbation? Is it more or less risky than unprotected intercourse?

2. With no flu like symptoms to report, and no bouts with lethargy, how could thrush show up so early in a possible infection?

Please help me, I can't sleep and don't know how to cope with the possibility of having this disease. There is so little support offered to straight, non-IV drug users who test positive...

Thank you in advance for your responce, T

First off, thanks for the thanks. Next, your questions:

1. Mutual masturbation is not a risk for HIV transmission.

2. I would doubt what you are experiencing is really thrush.

Good luck on your pending tests. Although I doubt you'll need it, because protected sex and mutual masturbation carry a negligible to nonexistent risk for HIV transmission.

Finally, I should mention that "support" for those living with HIV is certainly not limited to gays or IV drug users. Neither is psychological counseling to help folks cope with irrational HIV fears!

Thanks for Everything! One question before I go...
JOHN ASHCROFT WOO-HOO BUT HAVING TROUBLE DONATING NOW????