FTC shuts down Discreet

Hi Dr. Bob, The Federal Trade Commision has banned the import of Discreet home HIV test into the U.S. They claimed (I believe) a 99.6% accuracy. The FDA tested this kit and found 15% to 56% inaccuracy (both false negative and false positive) depending on when you read the results. As someone who tested positive on this test and negative 3 times since on FDA approved tests (the last at 8 months- Home Access), I am happy to see the truth revealed and the ban! I know many questions have involved this test, and thought you and everyone should know the truth!!! Thanks for all that you do on this great site!

Thanks for the news flash! As I've said for many years, HIV test kits that are not FDA-approved are not approved for a reason! Buyer Beware!

Stay well. Stay informed!

Should I Retest?
man u r 2 funny!