Should I Retest?

Dear Dr. Bob, First off I want to tell you that your forum is great and from what I read it does a lot of good for a lot of people. My question is, in July of 2003 I received unprotected oral sex from a female prostitute. I got tested in November of '03 and again in February of '04 and both were negative. I used the orasure test through the health office at my college campus and I was just wondering if they are as acurate as they proclaim themselves to be. Also, I am wondering if it is possible for me to still become positive after 2 negative tests from that encounter in July? Also I would like to make a donation to your charity but I do not know how...could you send me an email or something telling me the ways in which I can make a donation. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Worried Blue Eyed Devil

Hello Worried Blue Eyed Devil,

First off, oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Next, OraSure is indeed an accurate and FDA-approved test kit. Next, your negative tests out to 1 years are absolutely definitive. No, it is not possible for you to become positive two years after this blow job. Finally, donations to my foundation can be made by check, money order, direct wire transfer, or credit card. Information can be found on the Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the "Donate" icon for detailed information.

Stay well Blue Eyes, you devil you!

time for you to go...NOT!!
FTC shuts down Discreet