Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I Retest?
Jun 15, 2004

Dear Dr. Bob, First off I want to tell you that your forum is great and from what I read it does a lot of good for a lot of people. My question is, in July of 2003 I received unprotected oral sex from a female prostitute. I got tested in November of '03 and again in February of '04 and both were negative. I used the orasure test through the health office at my college campus and I was just wondering if they are as acurate as they proclaim themselves to be. Also, I am wondering if it is possible for me to still become positive after 2 negative tests from that encounter in July? Also I would like to make a donation to your charity but I do not know how...could you send me an email or something telling me the ways in which I can make a donation. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Worried Blue Eyed Devil

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Blue Eyed Devil,

First off, oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Next, OraSure is indeed an accurate and FDA-approved test kit. Next, your negative tests out to 1 years are absolutely definitive. No, it is not possible for you to become positive two years after this blow job. Finally, donations to my foundation can be made by check, money order, direct wire transfer, or credit card. Information can be found on the Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the "Donate" icon for detailed information.

Stay well Blue Eyes, you devil you!

Dr. Bob

Previous
time for you to go...NOT!!
Next
FTC shuts down Discreet

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.