Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question about fellatio.
Jun 15, 2004

I want to express my very positive judgement about your website. I'd like to ask you:

I received oral sex from a prostitute, using a condom that was provided by her. Then I was masturbated by her, keeping the condom on. There was no other contact between me and her. I am often worried by questions like "Did she take a good, new condom?". Should I receive a HIV test? Fear makes every kind of momentary pleasure stupid and disgusting. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Only "irrational fear" has that power.

Oral sex, even unprotected, carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Using a condom reduces that negligible risk to nonexistent. Prostitutes know a lot about sex. After all, practice makes perfect! And they are very interested in not catching anything from you. Your worries about "good, new condoms" are unfounded. Momentary pleasure is neither stupid nor disgusting. I do not believe you need to take an HIV test or that you placed yourself at any degree of risk. However, if you remain worried, the option for testing always remains open. To avoid future worries (even irrational ones), bring your own, "good, new" condom for your next pleasurable moment.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried sick and Navy deployed...PLEASE HELP, donation
Next
SUB SAHARA AFRICA

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.